This is our first blog post, so naturally, we’d like to introduce ourselves and tell you about why we do what we do. My House Fitness is a national franchise with over 20 studios spread across the country. The Coon Rapids studio opened in January of 2018. The founders of My House Fitness, Coon Rapids, are Jeremiah Bormes and Shelly Houser – a mother and son team. Jeremiah has been living and breathing fitness most of his life, and through his journey found the best way to serve clients is through the personal training studio model. Let’s take a look at the model, and why it works best.
The Personal Trainer Effect
More and more studies are coming out showing that working with a personal trainer produces the best results. It’s not shocking when you take some time to think about it.
• Personalized – Personal trainers create a specific workout plan for you based on where you’re at and your goals. There are no one-size-fits-all workout routines. Everyone has different weaknesses, strengths, and abilities.
• Instruction – Form and safety are essential when it comes to working out. A personal trainer is watching you the entire workout making sure you keep proper form, which translates to a safer and more effective workout.
• Motivation – When you exercise on your own it’s easy to not finish your set or even your workout. Your personal trainer encourages you to finish strong even when you don’t feel like it. And hearing praise about your consistency, progress, and technique goes a long way to keep you from throwing in the towel.
• Efficiency – A personal trainer knows how to structure a workout to get the most out of you in the shortest amount of time possible. 30 minutes is all you need for an effective workout which is fantastic news if you were under the impression that you need an hour or more.
• Accountability – When you’re only accountable to yourself, it’s easy to skip a workout. A personal trainer goes through the journey with you, celebrating your victories, and keeping you on track when you need it most.
Going to the gym is a time commitment, and not having the time is the number one excuse people use to skip their workouts. Nothing is worse than a crowded gym when you need to get a quick workout in. The only way to avoid the crowded gym is going at odd hours that likely conflict with your schedule. Personal training studios are by appointment only, so you’re never waiting for equipment. You go when it’s best for your schedule. It’s a private atmosphere so you never have to worry about people staring at you when you’re feeling vulnerable.
Most gyms require a lengthy contract and initiation fee. If you join a gym and discover after a couple of weeks you don’t like it, or you need to move, it’s too late. You’ve signed the contract and you’ll likely have to pay a cancelation fee on top of the initiation fee you already paid. Our personal training studio does not do long-term contracts or initiation fees. We believe the value we provide each time you come is enough to keep you coming back.
Equally important to fitness is your diet. A personal training studio not only focuses on the physical aspects of living better, but gives you strategies to make sure you’re eating optimally. Classes and packages are offered to help you make the best food choices and there are nutrition experts available to answer your questions.
My House Fitness personal training studio is excited to be filling a much-needed service in the Coon Rapids area. If you want to experience what working with a personal training studio is like give us a call or send an email to get a FREE mini wellness evaluation (30 minutes) and FREE workout session (30 minutes) designed just for you, by one of our certified personal trainers.